- Familiarize yourself with the rules.
- Pick out the photos you want to enter (max. 4).
- Have your entries mounted or matted (professionally or DIY).
- Remember min. size is 8″x10″–max. size is 30″x36″
- Fill out the entry form.
- Complete the entry label for each entry (this goes on the back of the photo).
- Take your photos to the Uintah County Heritage Museum at 155 E Main, Vernal, UT between 9 AM and 6 PM on Thursday, Oct 6th or Friday, October 7th.
- Pay your entrance fees.
- Attend the reception on Thursday, Oct. 13th, 6:30-8 PM at the museum.
- Send all of your friends and family to the museum to admire your wonderful photos.
- Pick up your photos on Saturday, November 4th or as soon after as possible.
- Start thinking about what you want to shoot for next year’s contest!
Did you take a great photo recently that you’d like everyone to see? Maybe you have had a shot come out looking like it belongs in a magazine, but you’ve never entered a contest, or show, and you only do this on the side, occasionally. We can make it easy for you.
While all levels of experienced photographers are invited to enter our annual juried “Photo Shootout”, you only compete against others of your own approximate skill set.
If you are an amateur–never engaging in photography for pay–you will only compete with other amateurs.
If you are a novice, never having entered any kind of contest or show before, your entry fees per photo will be a little less, and your photos will only be judged against those entered in the amateur division.
Advanced amateurs, who sometimes hire out as a photographer, but don’t make a living from it, will only compete against other advanced amateurs. Hence, professionals only compete against other professionals… and children (under age 12) only compete against other children.
If you were worried that you couldn’t put a great photo in the contest because you felt like you don’t stand a chance against folks with lots of experience, and who even sell their photos for money, stop worrying! Show the world the photos that you’re so proud of. It’s you big chance!
Everything you need to know is available HERE.
Do You Take Some Great Photos? Would you like to show them to everyone and have chance to win a prize?
The Uintah Arts Council’s Annual Juried Photography Shootout is just a few days away. October 6th and 7th are the days to submit your photos (up to 4) for this year’s contest!
You will only compete with other photographers that are at your same approximate skill level… Amateur, Advanced Amateur, Professional, or Child (under 12).
Your photos may be of people, landscapes, plants and animals, or… if you want to have some extra fun, enter in the “theme” category and test your creativity. The theme this year is “Boots, Buckles & Bling”.
Go to OutlawTrailFestival.com/photo-shootout to find all of the details. It’s easy! You can do it!
This family-friendly show will be playing 6 times! Get your tickets today at vernaltheatre.com/tickets.
Entries will be accepted Thursday and Friday, October 6th & 7th, 2016 at the Uintah County Heritage Museum during regular business hours.
The theme for 2016 is “Boots, Buckles & Bling”
You may enter any or all of your entries in either the “Theme” category or in the “Landscape”, “People” “or Flora/Fauna” categories. Mix and match your entries as you will.
You must choose one of the four divisions: “Amateur”, “Advanced Amateur”, “Professional” or “Child”. Further explanations of these divisions will be found in the rules. There is a separate juried art contest for paintings, drawings or sculpture.
Everything you need to enter the contest is in the three links below. Download and print them out, fill out the forms and bring them to the Uintah County Heritage Museum (155 E Main in Vernal) with your photo entries… you’ll be all ready to go.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the linked documents below. If you need to get it and install it on your computer, click here.
2016 Winners – “Boots, Buckles & Bling”
Best of Show: Bonnie Jensen – Regal Prince
- Oil & Acrylic 1st Place: David J. Harris – Branding Time
- Oil & Acrylic 2nd Place: Kay Webb – Puss & Boots and the Mule
- Watercolor 1st Place: Lori Burchinal – Grandma’s Boots
- Watercolor 2nd Place: Jennie M. Loy – Cowgirl’s Bouquet
- Drawing 1st Place: Jean Taylor-Starr – Zentangle Bling
- Sculpture 1st Place: Paul Clawson – Slinger
- Oil & Acrylic 1st Place: Kay Webb – Provo River
- Oil & Acrylic 2nd Place: Linda Stover – Fountain Green Blacksmith Shop
- Watercolor 1st Place: Lori Burchinal – Glorious Rendezvous
- Watercolor 2nd Place: Holi Wagner – A Hard Day’s Work
- Drawing 1st Place: Susan Dart – Olivia
- Drawing 2nd Place: Penny Creasy – Summer Moose
- Sculpture 1st Place: Richard Middleton – Beauty in the Unusual Expose the Light
A reception for the artists, their families and the community was held on Thursday, June 9th at 6:30 PM to announce the winners and honor the hard work of all of the artists.
There were 52 entries submitted… 14 different cash prizes awarded to 12 very deserving artists. The show will remain on display at the Uintah County Heritage Museum through June 30th during regular hours.
Many, many thanks go to Deena Millecam who helped immensely with this show and kept us going.
Thanks also to the Uintah County Heritage Museum staff for all of their help and support… and to Jean Taylor-Starr and Linda Stover who helped hang the artwork… very nice job, ladies.
Thanks also to our jurors for this show, Brock Thorne and Johanna Fiffe. They did a great job.
It’s time to get serious about auditions for Camelot–with only one week to go. But, there’s still plenty of time.
We need all of you to share this with everyone you know, whether you are able or interested or not. The only way that everyone will hear about this is if you share it. Please make sure everyone has an opportunity to try out and possible take part in this classic production! Thank you, every one of you, for your help![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
It’s time to start preparing your entries for the 27th Annual Juried Art Contest
Downloadable Rules HERE
or read about the contest HERE
Downloadable Entry Forms HERE
Flyers and forms are also available at the Uintah County Heritage Museum during regular business hours.
Questions? Fill out the contact form below and click “Send”
The 2016 Outlaw Trail Festival Juried Art Show, celebrating its 27th Year, will feature the theme of “Boots, Buckles & Bling”. The contest offers up to $1,400 in cash prizes available.
Art entries (oil, acrylic, watercolor, drawings and sculpture) will be accepted at the Uintah County Heritage Museum, 155 East Main Street, Vernal, Utah on Thursday and Friday, June 2nd and 3rd, 2016 during regular museum business hours.
Artwork will be on display from Monday, June 6th through Thursday, June 29th. A reception for the artists, families and the community will be held on Thursday, June 9th from 6:30 – 8 PM.
For rules, entry forms, artwork labels and everything you may need, please click on the links below.