A few things, first, check your promotions folder or junk mail if you didn’t receive the meeting invitation already sent.
Second, The Library in the large conference room has wonderful artwork and photography featuring Lori Burchinal, Jay Stocks, Deena Millecam, Susan Dart, and two other artists work. They are hosting an Open House on Monday, November 14 at 7:00 PM. Hope to see you all there!
Third, a reminder that we will be presenting our Uintah Mountain Artist group, our intentions and goals to the Chamber of Commerce at their luncheon on Tuesday, November 15 at noon at the Golden Corral. If you want to show 1 or 2 pieces of work be there by 11:30, and bring your own easel. You can buy lunch if you’d like but it’s not necessary.
Fourth, our next meeting is Wednesday, November 16. I know…busy busy busy! Creative people tend to be busy people…true?
And think on this….we need someone to oversee the “Trees for Charity Event” Artwork will be displayed in the back foyer, and the UBOC Christmas concert also wants artwork displayed that Saturday, Dec. 3rd and someone needs to oversee that Event, Be prepared to volunteer! We’ll talk about these needs on Wednesday…
Till we meet again…
2016 Winners – “Boots, Buckles & Bling”
Best of Show: Bonnie Jensen – Regal Prince
- Oil & Acrylic 1st Place: David J. Harris – Branding Time
- Oil & Acrylic 2nd Place: Kay Webb – Puss & Boots and the Mule
- Watercolor 1st Place: Lori Burchinal – Grandma’s Boots
- Watercolor 2nd Place: Jennie M. Loy – Cowgirl’s Bouquet
- Drawing 1st Place: Jean Taylor-Starr – Zentangle Bling
- Sculpture 1st Place: Paul Clawson – Slinger
- Oil & Acrylic 1st Place: Kay Webb – Provo River
- Oil & Acrylic 2nd Place: Linda Stover – Fountain Green Blacksmith Shop
- Watercolor 1st Place: Lori Burchinal – Glorious Rendezvous
- Watercolor 2nd Place: Holi Wagner – A Hard Day’s Work
- Drawing 1st Place: Susan Dart – Olivia
- Drawing 2nd Place: Penny Creasy – Summer Moose
- Sculpture 1st Place: Richard Middleton – Beauty in the Unusual Expose the Light
A reception for the artists, their families and the community was held on Thursday, June 9th at 6:30 PM to announce the winners and honor the hard work of all of the artists.
There were 52 entries submitted… 14 different cash prizes awarded to 12 very deserving artists. The show will remain on display at the Uintah County Heritage Museum through June 30th during regular hours.
Many, many thanks go to Deena Millecam who helped immensely with this show and kept us going.
Thanks also to the Uintah County Heritage Museum staff for all of their help and support… and to Jean Taylor-Starr and Linda Stover who helped hang the artwork… very nice job, ladies.
Thanks also to our jurors for this show, Brock Thorne and Johanna Fiffe. They did a great job.
It’s time to start preparing your entries for the 27th Annual Juried Art Contest
Downloadable Rules HERE
or read about the contest HERE
Downloadable Entry Forms HERE
Flyers and forms are also available at the Uintah County Heritage Museum during regular business hours.
Questions? Fill out the contact form below and click “Send”